Saturday, June 25, 2016

Wynncore Vs Cosmo - Prologue

The Prologue
Just like any great book series, there's a prologue that helps the reader understand what it is that they're reading a bit better.

The planning of this trip began about a month and a half ago when my gf and I were trying to decide on where we should go away. We started exploring a road trip to NYC and Boston. Looking up all the touristy attractions to visit was the easy part. The hard part of planning the trip was deciding on where to stay, I started looking at hotel prices and the mediocre ones wanted about $200-$250 US a night. We're Canadians and our dollar isn't that great right now, so ouch! I then tried looking at Boston to see if their hotel rates are cheaper and maybe we could switch the dates around and head to Boston first then come back through NY, but nope, surprisingly Boston's hotel rates were even higher than NYC! I couldn't believe my eyes, there must have been some sort of event going on during those dates.

That's when I said F-that, if i'm going to be paying that kind of money for a mediocre hotel room, i'd rather pay that kind of money and stay in a luxurious five-star hotel room like the Wynn in Las Vegas!

And So The Planning Begins
Wynn is always emailing me about how they always want me to come back, so I dig up a Wynn email, look at the offer and the compare the dates, yup it's within my travel period. Turns out Wynn was offering me 3 nights comped and if I booked on a certain date they could upgrade me to an Encore Suite with $300 in Free play, and I would just pay for the extra night. When I looked into that extra night though, it was almost 3 times the price for a regular night for whatever reason, there must be some huge convention going on during that time.

It took no effort to convince her to drop NYC and head to Vegas with me for a week 'cause she know how much I enjoyed the place and she's never been but always wanted to go. So it's settled then, we're gonna go for a week, Monday - Friday. I'll book the Encore for 3 nights Monday - Wednesday and we'll check out and go to some other hotel for Thursday night 'cause it was just too expensive and there are plenty of other options in Vegas.

I always hear about how much people save and what great deals they can get by booking through online travel agencies with their packages and such, so I looked into that as well, yeah their prices are great if you want to stay at Circus Circus, Excalibur or "on the strip Mandalay Bay", if we wanted one of the better hotels, we would have to pay a bit more, but we would still be saving money.

Now that the hotel situation was almost out of the way, it was time for me to hop on VMB and catch up on Vegas fun facts and read other peoples TR's for inspiration. While I was browsing VMB that's when I came across the offer by the Cosmo host to match stay promos with competing properties. I've never stayed at the Cosmo, just passed through it quickly the last time I was there and from what I hear that place is pretty "lit", as the kids would say. So I decided to email the host with my offer from Wynn to see if he could accommodate me on the dates for my stay. Turns out he was about to offer me Tuesday - Thursday with $250 in Freeplay and a $50 resort credit. Deal! So it's settled then, I will just pay for Monday night at the Encore and stay the other days at the Cosmo.

So we begin to plan for Vegas looking up things we want to do. She's heard of MyVegas before but has never played, so we download it onto her phone and install it on her FB page as well and we begin the quest to collect gold coins for free stuff. And during the planning process, even though she's never been there before, she's already suggesting that we make Vegas an annual trip. Guys, I think this one's a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment