Monday, February 25, 2013

Deleted Scenes - Girls Are Annoying

I had a few “encounters” with some members of the opposite sex that I just had to write a separate post for:

Zarkana. There were these 2 girls sitting behind me during the Zarkana show, and throughout the show, they would not STFU! Not STFU in the sense that they talked through it all, but in the sense they had to say “ooohhhh” “ahhh” and “woowwww” “sooo good” “that’s amazing” throughout the entire show. I understand your excitement for the show, but please do try to keep it down and use your inside voices during a theatre performance. Finally at the end of the show, when it was time to clap, they were the very first two to stand up and give them a standing ovation, nothing wrong with that, except that during all their annoying clapping, they would still be squealing “that was soooo good” “that was soooo amazing”. Iono, it just irked me.

Departure Airport. So as I mentioned, 3 hour delay, in order to pass the time, I slept. Sitting behind me was a group of girls who came to Vegas for a bachelorette party that much I figured out from eavesdropping in on their conversation. One of the girls appeared to have an assignment/project due the very next day, so she was reading her case files. I guess she didn’t have a strong recommendation or answer to proceed on, so she was explaining the case study to one of her friends, I’d listen to her talk a bit, then her voice would put me to sleep, I’d wake up, she’d still be talking, I’d fall back asleep, I’d wake up and she would still be talking. I’d fall asleep, I’d wake up once more and she’d still be talking about the case file, wait a minute, did we just rewind time? Why am I hearing the same facts over again? I turn around and OMG. She’s now telling the case study to a different friend! Her other friend wasn’t able to help her out. As faith would have it, they end up a couple of rows behind me in the plane, luckily they didn’t talk about the case study during the plane ride, or maybe they did and I just couldn’t hear her. When we finally land, everyone just stands up to stretch and get their things, I turn around and OMG, she’s telling her case study to her friend again. At that point in time, I was glad I was done school and I did not envy her. I even felt bad a little because I know how stressful it can be to be put in such a position where you don’t really know which direction to head in. I swear, even during the moving escalator portion of our journey to customs she was still talking about it. I wasn’t there for this part, but I’m fairly confident that she was still talking about it during her lineup in customs.

Airplane Ride. During the flight back, since we didn’t pick seats I sat in a row by myself, and managed to land a window seat, to my left was a kid, maybe about 8 years old, which was fine, kids are cool, then to his left was his older female cousin, maybe about 16 years old? She had a super annoying voice, and she did not seem to understand the concept of indoor voice. Whenever she spoke, it was full blast! Uncle Stu, can I, Uncle Stu, do you know if….Uncle Stu, Uncle Stu, Uncle Stu! OMG. She said she wanted the plane to take off, so that she could watch the Super Bowl, please you don’t want to watch the Super Bowl, you just said that because it’s on. When my mom came up to me and told me that there was an empty seat next to her, I jumped at the opportunity to switch rows. That meant I was 3 rows behind her, but I could still hear her voice, Uncle Stu, Uncle Stu!

No comments:

Post a Comment